Power is as important as training in terms of increasing muscle. Muscles grow by progressive overload; therefore, when you apply stress to muscle fibers, they suffer microscopic damage, which, in the repair process, makes them larger and stronger.
Nutrition, hormones, and rest also play a huge role in helping muscles grow, so how can you eat to help build muscle mass? Let's find out together.
Rules for nutrition and muscle mass gain
Nutrition is a large and complicated subject, but regardless of which approach you choose to take, there are a few rules to follow to support muscle building:
- Eat enough protein every day: To support muscle recovery and growth, eat right amount of protein every day is rule number one. This is easy to do; as a general rule, people need about 0.8 grams of protein per kg of body weight per day to increase muscle mass to maximum potential
- Eat carbohydratesI carbohydrates they are stored in the muscles as glycogen, which keeps them full and large and feeds them during workouts; it is good to eat at least 2/3 grams of carbohydrates per kg of body
- Don't avoid fats: about the 20-30% of your daily calories should come from grassi; fats help keep the level high testosterone, essential for building muscle mass and for avoiding the increase of body fat. The best sources of fat are: Red meat, olive oil, avocado, dried fruit e salmon
- Eat with a small calorie surplus: a caloric surplus is ideal for building muscles efficiently; if you are eating enough protein and the calories are not excessively low you can still gain muscle mass to some degree. However, unless you are overweight or a beginner, having a caloric surplus will help build muscle and increase strength to its maximum potential.
- Eat whole foods: For reasons of health and optimal overall performance, it is good to base your diet on whole foods rich in nutrients and minimally processed. You do not have to eliminate specific foods from the diet; variety and simplicity are the optimal solution.
- Eat frequently: it is good to eat a meal that containsto proteins and carbohydrates every 2/3 hours to ensure a constant supply of energy and amino acids for muscle growth, helping to gain mass
- Eating before bed: before bed you can eat a protein shake or one yogurt greek or an egg white omelette with a square of dark chocolate or a spoonful of olive oil or dried fruit. When you sleep, you fast for 7/8 hours and, with no food available, the body targets the muscle fibers to obtain amino acids to feed the brain; Eating slow-digesting proteins and healthy fats before bed provides the right amount of amino acids, so as to minimize the body's tendency to use muscles.
How do you eat to maintain your muscles? Let us know in the comments and remember to follow us on our telegram channel Telegram
SUBSCRIBE HERE TO THE TELEGRAM CHANNEL