I'll tell you right away: I'm an enemy of pharmacology.
But wait. Before calling me a fundamentalist, I also tell you that I am of the opinion that drugs have their place - even quite important - in the panorama of our health. But that with a little understanding of the functioning of the body, exercises and a little patience (and perhaps the guidance of an expert), it is possible to remedy many flaws, which perhaps afflict us daily.
Brief personal experience, then let's start with the cervicals: with the barbell squats I defeated sciatica due to too much university sitting, and with mobility exercises I won a nagging inflammation in the shoulder.
The inflamed cervicals: a background of suffering
There is no ranking of physical annoyances, but one thing is certain: the cervicals are pretty awful. Especially if your everyday life is made up of a chair, a desk, a computer screen. But not only.
Without going into the merits of origins of inflammation of the cervical (the reasons are different), nor the way it looks (definitely needs no introduction), take note of this dissolution routine, to be practiced:
- upon awakening (regardless of whether you wake up in pain, or whether the inflammation is felt later in the day)
- when an attack takes you
- in the evening, before sleeping
WARNING: Use gentleness when doing these exercises, and never force the movements beyond the pain threshold. Furthermore, all movements must be performed in a slow and controlled manner.
Routine for the inflamed cervical
Run 10 reps per side of each of these five exercises. Alternatively, you can use the time reference, ed perform each movement for 30 seconds.
Do this routine 3 times. There is no need for a break between exercises, if not minimal.
1 - rotations of the head
- standing, with your arms stretched out at your sides
- turn your head to one side, then the other
2 - lateral bending of the head
- always standing, always with outstretched arms
- bring one ear to the corresponding shoulder, then repeat on the other side
As a bonus, when you have reached maximum range of motion, you can "push" the opposite arm down, to increase the stretch effect
3 - backward circling and circling of the head
- always standing, always arms outstretched
- turn your head first on one side, then on the other. Try to get to a 90 ° rotation, as if you were looking exactly to the side of you, without rotating your torso
- backward circles are what the name implies: backward rotations of the head, first on one side, then on the other
4 - chin protraction and retraction
- bust firm, standing
- push your chin forward
- pull your chin back
In summary: gentle movements for the inflamed neck
This is not the only way to solve the inflamed cervical: indeed, it is more than anything else an excellent soothing, and maybe a step towards healing if you suffer mildly.
When the inflamed cervical is chronic, it is necessary to take more structured paths to heal it, such as postural gymnastics, yoga, the intervention of a physiotherapist.
In any case, if for one reason or another the problem arises, do this routine: it will take you less than 10 minutes, but it will be worth it!
We have activated a lot of discounts on Amazon: from 30 to 70% on all sports categories! Find everything on our dedicated channel ????
Photo: Kindel Media, Karolina Grabowska @pexels.com