In modern society we are now surrounded by stereotypes of tall, thin sculptural bodies; however, we know that all these images that we see daily in newspapers and on the internet do not always correspond to reality!
There is one great variety of body types and all are to be appreciated and tried to make the most of. We know that being overweight and obese can lead to various problems, such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes and even premature death; But, when it comes to health, can one body type be better than another?
GINOID VS ANDROID
The two types of body most discussed are precisely these: gynoid and android; the suffix "oide" means "to resemble" and is combined with the prefix "andro-man" or "gino-woman".
- Gynoid physicist: the build gynoid (pear-shaped) it is typically structured with a rounder lower half of the body, with localized fat on the hips, buttocks and thighs. People with gynoid physique tend to accumulating fluids in the legs and suffering from swollen and heavy legs and water retention.
- Android physicist: the typical build android (apple-shaped) is configured with more fat located in the abdomen and chest. People with android physique tend to be stronger, more athletic, and to gain muscle mass more easily.
Both of these body types can have certain health risks, but are there training programs and exercises tailored to your body structure?
TRAINING FOR PHYSICAL GINOID
The gynoid body shape (much more common in women) requires a different training than the android one; training a high intensity intervals and training circuits of resistance can be effective and used to burn calories, improve cardiovascular condition and reduce subcutaneous fat.
Since adipose tissue is more localized in the lower body area, fat is more likely to be lost in these areas, however, the most important factor to keep in mind for people with gynoids is overall calorie consumption.
A winning solution is to alternate aerobic training with anaerobic training, through the use of programmed intervals and more strenuous exercises.
Examples of training for a gynoid physique
1) full-body strength training circuit (aerobic): each exercise should be performed for 30 seconds with a 30 second pause in between; repeat the cycle 2 to 4 times to keep the heart rate high. Rest 1 to 2 minutes between each cycle
2) anaerobic plyometric training circuit: divide the 8 exercises into 2 groups, perform each exercise for 15 seconds with a 30 second rest. Rest 1 or 2 minutes between each circuit then repeat
- box jumps
- lunges with jump in place
- throwing a medicine ball with arms to the chest and squat position
- jack press
- mountain climbers
- lateral agility ladder
- battle rope
What kind of body do you have? Let us know in the comments and remember to follow us on our Telegram page