Il metabolism can work at different rates and only some, unfortunately, are naturally fast and efficient in terms of fat loss.
Let's discover together the secrets to try to speed up our metabolism effectively!
What does metabolism mean?
Il metabolism is the body's ability to process fuel (what we eat) in energy; it is a very important process, especially if the goal is to lose weight.
La weight loss occurs when you take in fewer calories than you burn, process known as calorie deficit.
This can be achieved by maintaining normal activity levels and eating less, by increasing activity levels by maintaining the same calorie intake, or by combining both of these actions.
What is the metabolic rate?
The rate of metabolism is known as the metabolic rate; consists of the number of calories burned in a given period of time; the metabolic rate can be divided into several categories:
- Basal metabolism: metabolism during sleep or deep rest; it is the minimum metabolic rate needed to keep the lungs, heart, brain and body heating functioning well
- Resting metabolic rate: it is the minimum metabolic rate required to keep us alive when we are at rest; accounts for up to 75% of the overall calorie expenditure
- Thermal effect of food: the number of calories burned as the body digests and processes food
- Thermal effect of the exercise: increase in calories burned during physical activity
- Activity thermogenesis without exercise: the number of calories needed for activities other than workout (shaking, changing position, standing and walking).
How to speed up the metabolism to lose weight?
An effective weight loss program also includes strategies to speed up the metabolism; here are 8 simple methods:
- Move: all body movements require calories; the more active you are, the higher your metabolic rate. Taking the stairs, doing housework, using a standing desk in the office are all techniques for getting around more;
- High intensity workouts: high intensity training involves periods of rapid and very intense activity; it accelerates the metabolism even after the end of the exercise;
- Strength training: strength exercises promote the growth of muscle mass, which, in turn, significantly increases the number of calories burned at rest;
- Eat protein: eat adequate amount of protein it is essential for building muscle mass; moreover, proteins, compared to fats and carbohydrates, increase the metabolic rate more (thermal effect of food);
- Don't eat too little: eating too little is counterproductive in the long term; caloric restriction, in fact, causes a decrease in the metabolic rate;
- Drink water: drink the right one amount of water leads to an increase in the number of calories burned, especially if cold water as the body has to work harder to heat it;
- Drink coffee: coffee and beverages based on caffeine they help to temporarily speed up the metabolism
- Sleep well: Inadequate sleep is not only bad for your health, it can also slow down your metabolic rate and increase your risk of weight gain.
And you, have you ever used any tricks to speed up your metabolism? Let us know in the comments!
Anyway, we have activated a lot of discounts on our Telegram Fitness & Sport channel: from 30 to 70% on all sports categories! Find it all here