Athletes and fitness enthusiasts are always looking for new ways to improve their performance and achieve their goals.
A good nutrition can help the body function better and to recover faster after each workout.
Optimal nutrient intake before exercise not only helps maximize performance but also reduces muscle damage.
Do you know what you eat?
Feeding the body with the right nutrients before exercise allows you to have the strength and energy necessary to work at its best.
Each macro-nutrient has a specific role before a workout; however, the ratio in which it is necessary to consume them varies according to the individual and the type of exercise performed:
- Carbohydrates: muscles use the carbohydrate glucose as a fuel; glycogen is the body's way of processing and storing glucose, mainly in the liver and in the muscles. For short and high intensity exercises, glycogen stores are the main source of energy for the muscles; glycogen stores are limited and as they are depleted, production and intensity decrease.
- Protein: to eat protein before exercise increases muscle protein synthesis; other benefits include improved anabolic response, improved muscle recovery, and increased strength and lean mass.
- Grassi: While glycogen is used for periods of short, high-intensity exercise, the grasso it is the fuel source for longer, moderate-intensity exercises.
The timing of the pre-workout is crucial
Even the choice of meal time is an important aspect of nutrition; to maximize your training results, it is good eat a full meal of carbohydrates, proteins and fats 2-3 hours before exercise.
If it is not possible to respect this timing, they can choose quicker and more practical snacks to eat before training (45 minutes) always bearing in mind that it is better to opt for digestible foods that contain mainly carbohydrates and proteins; this will help prevent any stomach discomfort during exercise.
Examples of quick and practical pre-workout snacks
Here are 5 examples of quick and practical pre-workout snacks to eat before your workout:
- Protein smoothie with milk, protein powder and banana: this shake it is very quick to prepare, is a concentrate of energy and flavor and contains all the nutrients necessary to perform the workout in the best possible way;
- Wholemeal sandwich with light cheese and sliced strawberry: this snack also contains the necessary macros, is prepared in 5 minutes and is very convenient to carry in the gym bag;
- Greek yogurt with fruit e peanut butter: What's better than a nice cup of colorful and super nutritious yogurt, perhaps paired with your favorite fruit?
- Cup of skim milk with whole grains: for breakfast lovers, this could become your favorite healthy pre-workout snack;
- Protein bar: this solution is good every now and then if you just don't find the time to prepare a healthier snack; I recommend that you always choose bars with a good dose of protein and check that they have a low level of fats and carbohydrates.
And you, which pre-workout snacks do you prefer? How do you manage to organize your meal before training? Let us know in the comments!
Anyway, we have activated a lot of discounts on our Telegram Fitness & Sport channel: from 30 to 70% on all sports categories! Find it all here